Wednesday 25 July 2012

Packing...

Well, this is kind of an impromptu post, and I'm still not entirely sure where I'm going with this. This post could turn out to be life-changing (pretty unlikely), or it might turn out to be a rant which is, although interesting- completely pointless (very likely). Oh well! We'll see, I guess...   
           When I was a kid, I used to love packing to go on holiday, because it meant that we were leaving soon and it made the holiday seem all that more real. I have memories of myself, walking around the house, dragging my little pink suitcase around with me, and pretending I was leaving right then. 
            Unfortunately, as I've gotten older, packing has become more of a chore. I'm still always incredibly excited before I go on holiday, but no more do I get any joy out of packing. This is probably because, as I've gotten older, packing has become more difficult. When you're little, and don't really care about your clothes, you can pretty much just pack anything because you don't really care that much about what your wearing. On the other hand, at my age, I do care about what I'm wearing. Which means that I can't just throw anything into my suitcase because I have to be bringing clothes that I actually want to wear. 
             On top of that, you have to make sure that you don't pack too much, which means that you need to choose clothes that are versatile and will go with many outfits. However, I'm going to be gone for a month, and a month is a long time to be wearing the same things. I'm always bored of my clothes by the time I'm coming home! 
              You also need to deal with the inevitable reality, that you're probably going to do some shopping while you're away, so you need to leave space in your suitcase for that. After all that, you then need to think about what the weather is going to be like. Can you really be certain that it's going to be 30 degrees celsius everyday, or is there a risk of the temperature dropping? 
               Then there's shoes to think about, makeup, accessories, swimsuits, toiletries and the list goes on and on and on...  And with so many things to remember, there's always the risk that you might forget something (I'm pretty good at forgetting my toothbrush) and it's just the worst feeling, when you realise that you've forgotten something you need for your holiday. 
                Holidays are supposed to be relaxing, but there is nothing relaxing about packing. And so, as I sit here writing this and procrastinating on my packing, I can't help help thinking that life would be so much easier if we had robots to pack for us. Of course, they'd have to be fashionable robots! and then I think of I, Robot, and that whole thought process goes out the window. 


Kajsa x  

No comments:

Post a Comment