So, I know I haven't done a post in a while, however, I've been in the midst of exam chaos. In fact, I should probably be revising right now, but I wanted to write something so...
Anyway, today I want to talk to you all about Parisian fashion. Now, I've always thought that the heart of fashion is either in Paris or New York, although fashion in both of these countries is incredibly different. New York fashion is all about expressing yourself and being unique, whereas Parisian fashion is a lot more subtle. It's about looking absolutely amazing, and yet seeming like you haven't tried at all. There is no doubt that Parisian women could be considered some of the most stylish people in the world- and today I'm going to help all of you achieve their look.
1. Always make an effort. Have you ever seen a Parisian woman dressed in sweats and a hoodie? I haven't! French women will always make an effort to dress well, and if they aren't dressed well, then they will not go out in public. Walking the dog and getting the paper is still an occasion to put on a cute coat, wrap up warm in a lovely scarf and swipe on some red lipstick. To dress like a Parisian woman, you aways need to be making an impression. (Perhaps that's why my French grandma always gets so mad at me when I lounge around the house in my comfy clothes instead of properly getting dressed. Hey, don't judge! I might be French and I might be writing this article, but that doesn't mean I always have to stick to the Parisian dress code!)
2. Stick to a neutral palette, with just a pop of colour. The colour palette for Parisian women tends to stick to more neutral earthy tones such as black, brown and grey. If that's too boring for you, then spice it up by wearing purples and dark blues, or slide down to the other side of the spectrum and wear nude pinks and whites. Alternatively, add colour with bright accessories and jewellery.
3. Make a point. Contrary to popular belief, French dressing does not need to involve bankrupting yourself! Most French women will invest in a statement item, such as a handbag or a designer trench and then they will mix that with many cheaper items. That way, you can still look a million bucks, without having actually spent a million bucks.
4. Don't follow the trends. A big thing about Parisian fashion, is that it always does what everyone else doesn't expect it to do. When dressing in the style of a Parisian woman, you have to ignore the trends and dress the way you want to. So you might be in the middle of winter, but that doesn't mean you can't wear floral prints; summer's the perfect time to wear boots and it's never the wrong time of year for a good scarf.
5. Don't over-complicate your outfit. As I said before, French women always look very simply dressed. You don't necessarily need to wear anything other than some leggings, cute flats and a flowy top to look amazing, as long as you accessorise it right. Also, you must never over-accessorise! The French are very subtle in the jewellery that they use, and sometimes just a pretty bracelet will suffice.
6. A hat and sunglasses. Two accessories that are essential to any French woman's wardrobe! They don't need to be worn together, but you do need to have both of these items in your wardrobe, if you want to dress like a Parisian. Hats are a very important accessory to the French and you will often see hats that cost hundreds of euros placed behind the counter, accessible by "assistance only". Sunglasses are exactly the same. It doesn't matter whether it's sunny or not, it is always an occasion to wear your sunnies.
To end, a collection of fashionable French women...